Do you want to log in with your ULCN account? Do you want to log in to an application that uses multi-factor authentication? You will find the answers to the most frequently asked questions below.
Problems logging in?
You have received a user name and password, but you can't log in. This could be due to the following:
- Your account has not yet been activated. Activate your account.
- Your password has expired. Reset your password.
- You are logging in with the wrong user name. Your (u)mail address is not your user name.
- You have accidentally got CAPS LOCK on and your username and/or password are therefore being entered in capitals.
- ULCN or the application to which you are trying to log in has a system failure. Check the system failure page for maintenance and failures.
- Your browsersettings are preventing you from logging in. If instead of logging into Account Services the login page refreshes, consult the website.
Contact the ISSC Helpdesk if the above are not applicable.
Login with additional authentication
Leiden University currently uses two types of additional authentication (MFA). One is used for Office 365 services (such as Word, OneDrive and Teams), for which you use your university Microsoft account. The other is for applications using Single Sign On via ULCN.
This information is about additional authentications for applications that use Single Sign On via ULCN.
Additional authentication enhances information security. More and more university systems are therefore switching to additional authentication, also known as multi-factor authentication (MFA). The use of MFA means that several steps are required to log in to applications of Leiden University. In addition to your username and password, you will be asked to use an additional method to establish your identity. Leiden University offers various methods as an additional factor.
Setup additional authentication
Have you registered your private e-mail address in Account Services? Then MFA through e-mail will be immediately available as an additional factor and visible in the MFA settings portal. Please check which e-mail address is set here. If this is not the correct address, you can change it in Account Services.
In the settings portal you can also set an app as an additional factor. We recommend that you use the "NetIQ Advanced Authentication App", but it is also possible to choose another authenticator app (for example Microsoft or Google).